Whetstones are used to grind and hone the knife edges. Even the best knife will lose its initial sharpness over time. The sharpening devices and the right technique will make the sharpening task easy. Whetstones have different degrees, depending on the grain of the stone. A fine-grained whetstone is dense, sharpens less, but allows adjustments in the edge. In contrast, a coarse grain edge removes more material from the cutting edge.
- Whetstones from WÜSTHOF offer outstanding sharpening performance.
- Due to the very good bond and open-pore structure of the whetstones, new particles are constantly exposed during sharpening.
- This combined whetstone has two different sides.
- For removing small nicks and sharpening blunt knives (J1000 grit) and for normal edge maintenance (J3000 grit).
- 20cm x 6cm x 3cm
- Can only be used with water - not oil
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100 to Most of Canada.
For all standard shipments, we provide CanadaPost/ICS/UPS Expedited
Shipping to most of Canada is $14.99 for orders under
$100, free over $99.99.
Shipping to Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut is
subject to the following: $59.99 for all orders.
Shipments to the USA and International are
calculated based on our International shipping calculator. We offer the lowest
possible rate, with no additional handling charges or fees. Kitchen
Smart can not be held accountable for any duties, taxes or brokerage
fees applicable internationally.