Paella, a rice dish that originated in the Valencia region of Spain, is named after the pan in which it is cooked. Different regions of Spain add varying meats and vegetables, but no matter the ingredients, the identifying mark of a good paella is the socarrat, a layer of toasted rice at the bottom best achieved in a wide, shallow pan.
Le Creuset’s heat-retaining cast iron aids in the development of this crust, as does the matte black enamel interior. The large surface area keeps the rice layer shallow and allows excess moisture to evaporate, so the socarrat can form.
- Works well on the stovetop or outdoor grill
- Durable matte black enamel finish requires no seasoning
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- 13.5" x 17.5" x 2"
- Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven, Outdoor Grill, Dishwasher Safe
- Cast Iron - Made in France
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100 to Most of Canada.
For all standard shipments, we provide CanadaPost/ICS/UPS Expedited
Shipping to most of Canada is $14.99 for orders under
$100, free over $99.99.
Shipping to Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut is
subject to the following: $59.99 for all orders.
Shipments to the USA and International are
calculated based on our International shipping calculator. We offer the lowest
possible rate, with no additional handling charges or fees. Kitchen
Smart can not be held accountable for any duties, taxes or brokerage
fees applicable internationally.