Exceptionally well made, this tool's rod has a solid core and has been plated with hard chrome for additional resistance to abrasion and to extend its life. Because the rod is a 3/4-inch-wide oval, it exposes more surface and works quicker than a cylindrical rod. Like Global's signature knife handles, the steel's handle is molded for comfort and dimpled for a safe grip. The rule is that a steel should be at least as long as the knife blade being drawn across it, and this steel's 10-inch rod is long enough for most household knives.
- A high quality sharpening steel from Global is the ideal tool to keep sharp cutting edges on knives.
- It is resistant to rust, stains and corrosion and features a slip resistant weighted hollow handle.
- Solid-core rod hones as well as realigns knife edges
- Made of chrome/vanadium stainless-steel coated with diamond particles
- Plated with hard chrome for additional resistance to abrasion
- 3/4-inch oval exposes more surface for quicker work
- Stainless-steel handle molded for comfort, dimpled for safe grip