Exceptionally well made, this tool's rod has a solid core and has been plated with hard chrome for additional resistance to abrasion and to extend its life. Because the rod is a 3/4-inch-wide oval, it exposes more surface and works quicker than a cylindrical rod. Like Global's signature knife handles, the steel's handle is molded for comfort and dimpled for a safe grip. The rule is that a steel should be at least as long as the knife blade being drawn across it, and this steel's 10-inch rod is long enough for most household knives.
- A high quality sharpening steel from Global is the ideal tool to keep sharp cutting edges on knives.
- It is resistant to rust, stains and corrosion and features a slip resistant weighted hollow handle.
- Solid-core rod hones as well as realigns knife edges
- Made of chrome/vanadium stainless-steel coated with diamond particles
- Plated with hard chrome for additional resistance to abrasion
- 3/4-inch oval exposes more surface for quicker work
- Stainless-steel handle molded for comfort, dimpled for safe grip
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100 to Most of Canada. For all standard shipments, we provide CanadaPost/ICS/UPS Expedited service.
Shipping to most of Canada is $14.99 for orders under $100, free over $99.99.
Shipping to Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut is subject to the following: $59.99 for all orders.
Standard Shipping 2-5 Business days when order is placed by 12pm EST.
Shipments to the USA and International are calculated based on our International shipping calculator. We offer the lowest possible rate, with no additional handling charges or fees. Kitchen Smart can not be held accountable for any duties, taxes or brokerage fees applicable internationally.