With the efficiency and lightness of Japanese knives paired with the quality and strength of German steel, Epicure embodies a new type of knife – one that works with all cooking styles, and sets the standard for performance and function. The broader blade, and newly designed bolster offer the right weight and balance for effortless, comfortable cutting- It’s a natural extension of your hand.
Forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel, Epicure offers the standard WÜSTHOF Rockwell hardness of 58º. Every EPICURE knife undergoes a PEtec sharpening process developed by WÜSTHOF to achieve an edge that is 20% sharper at a 15º angle, with double the edge retention for a blade that will last a lifetime.
The perfect blend between a traditional German Chef’s knife and Asian Chai Dao, the Epicure Santoku is the most versatile blade designed for all cutting tasks. Featuring a hollow-ground edge, the dimples on the knife create air pockets allowing food to easily slide away from the blade. With its wide curved belly, this knife creates the perfect rocking motion.
- The Hollow Ground edge reduces food from sticking to the blade of the knife.
- 17 cm (7") blade length.
- Handle is made from sustainable natural fibres and resin – tactile and durable.
- The new bolster shape and wider blades enable efficient safe working.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for maximum sharpness at a 15° blade angle.
- Quality - Made in Germany / Solingen.