The cocotte originated in France where this casserole dish was designed to cook chicken dishes: in fact, the word "cocotte" itself is the French word for "little hen". Since then, however, the cocotte casserole dish has been used to make a wide variety of other dishes including soups, stews and ragouts.
As well as being aesthetically pleasing, cast-iron is an excellent heat retainer and is good at distributing heat equally, characteristics which are enforced by Staub's special matte black enamel. This enamel also helps preserve a food's unique flavour. Since a cocotte retains heat well, meat and vegetables can be cooked gently whilst preserving both flavour and nutritional content. It is therefore perfect for cooking healthy meals.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100 to Most of Canada. For all standard shipments, we provide CanadaPost/ICS/UPS Expedited service.
Shipping to most of Canada is $14.99 for orders under $100, free over $99.99.
Shipping to Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut is subject to the following: $59.99 for all orders.
Standard Shipping 2-5 Business days when order is placed by 12pm EST.
Shipments to the USA and International are calculated based on our International shipping calculator. We offer the lowest possible rate, with no additional handling charges or fees. Kitchen Smart can not be held accountable for any duties, taxes or brokerage fees applicable internationally.