Designed to exacting standards, Miyabi continues to strive for perfection with the new Miyabi 5000FCD Kaizen Collection. Kaizen Japanese for improvement or change for the better is a way of life. This series combines the latest technology with sleek, modern lines and centuries of knife-making artistry. Forged 49 layer construction with an FC61 super steel core protected by 48 alternating layers of stainless steel ground to expose a unique Damascus design and wavy katana edge.
The Nakiri knife is used as a general purpose vegetable knife for preparing fruits and vegetables. It has a blade core of fine carbide steel for very good initial sharpness and cutting edge retention. This FC61 core is embedded in 48 layers of steel which make up the unique Damascus-design pattern on the blade.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for hardness, corrosion-resistance & material elasticity
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Pakka wood handle
- Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Symmetrically honed cutting edge
- Ergonomically-shaped handle
- Handcrafted in Seki Japan