For fans of Japanese cuisine, the MIYABI 5000MCD series is a feast for the eyes. The knife's handle is made from Masur birch to give each knife a unique wood-grain pattern. An end cap and subtly styled mosaic pin complete the knife's elegant look. The handle gives the knife perfect balance and control for effortless and precision cutting.
The blade has beautiful Damask patterning and a hard core of Micro-Carbide MC63 powder steel enclosed within 100 layers of two different steels.
Includes: 3.5" Paring Knife, 7" Santoku Knife, 8" Chef's Knife, 9" Bread Knife, 9" Tungsten Sharpening Steel, 12-slot Bamboo Knife Block and Kitchen Shears.
- Micro-Carbide MC63 powder steel blade core embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness
- 63 degree Rockwell hardness
- Outstanding cutting edge retention
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blade
- Symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness
- Traditional "D" handle made from Masur birch
- Handcrafted in Seki Japan