The Santoku knife is the all-rounder for Asian cuisine used in preparing fish, meat or vegetables. Where the Chef's knife has a curved blade and a high tip, the Santoku blade is much straighter with a low tip. Versions of this knife are manufactured with either a standard-edged blade or a hollow ground edge, also known as a granton edge. The purpose of the granton style blade is to assist with keeping particles from sticking to the knife edge as it cuts, as well as to reduce friction for an easier and faster chopping motion.
The new blade design creates a hybrid between the western Chef's knife and Santoku knife. The blade shape matches a Chef's knife, while the blade height matches a Santoku knife. The edge angle is approximately 9.5-12 degrees per side.
- Size: 7" / 180 mm
- Micro-Carbide MC63 powdered steel core
- CRYODUR® vacuum tempered blades
- Three-step Honbazuke honing process
- 100 layers of stainless steel (50 layers per side) wrap the blade core and are polished to reveal a one-of-a-kind flower Damascus pattern
- 63° Rockwell Hardness
- Edge Angle: 9.5-12° per side
- Traditional Japanese D-shape Birchwood handle enhanced with a mosaic pin and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo
- Made in Seki, Japan| Lifetime warranty against defects